If your PS5 is refusing to run any games, don’t worry, you’ve come to the right place. I encountered this issue myself and managed to find a straightforward solution. In this article, I will guide you through the steps to fix this software bug.
Why is my PS5 stuck at the loading screen?
The main reason behind your PS5 being stuck at game loading screens is insufficient space or a full cache. The cache is a storage inside the processor that holds temporary data for fast reading. When the cache is full, the console can get stuck. Clearing the cache can resolve this issue and allow your games to load smoothly.
How to fix PS5 won’t start/run games
You can easily fix the problem of your PS5 not running or starting games by adjusting the gaming preset to performance mode. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Open the Settings on your PS5.
- Go to Save Data and Game/App Settings.
- Navigate to the Game Presets tab.
- Select performance mode or resolution mode.
- Change it to performance mode from the game default.
- Restart your PS5.
- Open the game that wasn’t starting, and it should run smoothly.
If your game preset was already set to performance mode, you can try switching to the game default preset as some games are recommended to run at default settings for the best results.
Switching between games on your PS5 is also helpful in refreshing the game data and preventing the infinite loading screen problem. To switch between games, simply press the PlayStation button on your controller, open the switcher menu, select the game you want to switch to, and hit play.
How to Clear cache on PS5
Clearing the cache on your PS5 is a simple process. Here’s how you can do it safely:
- Press the PlayStation button on your controller to open the quick menu.
- Go to the right side of the menus.
- Scroll over to the Power icon.
- Open the power menu by pressing the X button.
- Select Turn Off PS5 to shut it down.
- Switch off the power connection.
- Unplug the power cord from the console after the PS5 indicator light is completely off.
- Keep the PS5 unplugged for 1 minute.
- Plug the power cord back into the PS5 and turn on the power connection.
- Start the Playstation5 normally, and it will clear the cache.
By following these steps, you should be able to resolve the issue of your PS5 not starting or running games. Remember to clear the cache regularly to keep your PS5 running smoothly.
In conclusion, by setting your gaming preset to performance mode and clearing the cache on your PS5, you can overcome the problem of games not starting or running. These simple steps will ensure smooth gameplay and faster loading times. Enjoy your gaming experience on the PS5!
For more gaming tips and tricks, visit Capturing Fantasy.