A gamertag is not just a name. It’s a representation of who you are in the gaming world. It’s an opportunity to showcase your personality, humor, and uniqueness. Whether you’re looking for something cool, funny, or downright badass, we’ve got you covered. Get ready to explore a wide range of gamertag ideas that will leave your opponents in awe and your friends in stitches.
Jump Ahead To These Cool Gamertags:
Gamertags For Girls
Cool Xbox Gamertags
Clever & Unique Gamertags
Below are some ideas for cool gamertags that work in nearly every situation. These names are versatile and can be used on various gaming platforms, from Xbox to PS4 to Fortnite.
- Brostrodamis – Bros game so hard, it’s crazy
- FishTacos – I promise, I didn’t have fish tacos last night. That’s not why I’m playing on a toilet all day.
- HaughtHarry – For the last time, Harry, your mom thinks you’re special and no one else.
- Grunyar – Does this do it for you? Because it kinda does for me.
- PewPewYaDead – You don’t stand a chance in the face of my pew pew shooter.
- Meatyourbeat – I like big meat and I cannot lie.
- Carl – Carl, isn’t it past your bedtime? You’ve got an early morning yoga and latte appointment tomorrow.
- Dkinabox – Like a bento box but a lot cooler.
- Batmon – Let me tell you mon, this is the reggae life Batman we all wish existed.
- SaltyTears – You’ll be salty after I’m done with you.
- BlowJab – Is it blow first or jab first? I can never remember the order.
- WillFeral – Have you ever met a feral cat? They’re fierce, man. Don’t cross a feral cat; it’ll cut you.
- Tezzeret – What the Egyptians would have built if they were gamers.
- Slayzall – We get it, you like to kill people, but your name will only get you so far.
- ThunderBunt – My nickname after a few beers and Taco Bell.
If you’re looking for a good laugh, these funny gamertag ideas will keep you coming back for more. They are guaranteed to tickle your funny bone and bring a smile to your face.
- TasteTheRambo – A lot less sweet than Skittles and a lot more badass.
- BenAfflock – Ben is a flock of peacocks raining blood and destruction onto his enemy.
- ChefBoyardee – For all the chefs out there who put avocado on toast for their IG fam.
- PartyOnWayne – Don’t tell me you don’t know this reference. If you don’t, please leave right now.
- CanklesBane – Oh, you think cankles are your ally. But you merely adopted the cankles; I was born with them, molded by them.
- KittyCowBear – Everything we love under one happy, warm hug-filled roof.
- IHateKittehs – Don’t lie to me. I said DON’T LIE TO ME!
- ChubbinLovin – You want that chubbin lovin’? You’ll have to come and get it, playa.
- ShortBus – Like a sawed-off shotgun but in bus form.
- FatNerd – This is what my mom calls me, but in like, a loving kind of way.
- StickyBoots – I don’t want to know why they’re sticky, but I kinda do want to know.
- JuiceBoxJam – This is my jam. Doesn’t Lizzo sing this song?
- JonnyAwesome – But then Johnny went to the NFL, then AAF, then AAA.
- LickTheSpoon – Do it, but do it only if you dare risk salmonella. This separates the men from the children.
- Kapoof – And just like that, I was gone, without a trace, and you’re left with a dumb-looking face.
If you’re all about being fierce and striking fear into the hearts of your enemies, these badass gamertag ideas are just what you need. Prepare to unleash your inner warrior.
- GraveSlave – Two cool words combined to make an even cooler-sounding name. Congrats.
- PokiePunk – If I poke you, it’ll feel more like a punch because I don’t poke, I punch.
- SaltyScissors – Don’t run with these salty scissors, or else you’ll hurt yourself.
- Unbreakabull – You’re not unbreakable. Because I will break you.
- KnewTooMuch – We knew it would come to this. You now know too much, and for that, you die.
- VietGnome – Tell me war stories, pop. Of the gnomes in Vietnam.
- HarryDotter – Just like Harry Potter, you’re a true dotter at heart.
- BlackStabbath – If you turn your back on me, I’ll just stab ya. So there.
- WarDotCom – Is war.com still available on the internet?
- TankNSpank – Sounds like an all-out summer lake party to me.
Gamertags For Girls
Girls dominate the gaming world just as much as boys do. Here’s a curated list of gamertag ideas specifically for girls. Because girls rule, of course!
- UnicornFarts – Girls don’t fart, but if they do, they only fart unicorn farts.
- DoraTheDestroya – Don’t tell me Dora didn’t destroy it because she did.
- LaserChick – She shoots freakin’ lasers from her eyes.
- HealOKitty – This is cute, may change later.
- JessisGirl – I wish that I had Jessie’s girl!
- TubGirl – This is me, in a tub, being a girl in a tub.
- FluhfyKitteh – Everyone wants to snuggle a fluhfy kitteh, but that fluhfy kitteh will destroy you.
- Kissiz – I only give kissiz: kissiz of death to my enemy.
- FlowerHoof – Two words, the last two words you’ll see in this game.
- Baabarella – Kind of like Barbie, but a lot more badass and definitely cuter.
These names are general enough to do the trick on practically any gaming platform. They will inspire your own creative juices and may even lead to ideas of your own.
- Moosalini – A moose can be bad. You may think they only eat grass, but they also eat a$$. Well, that didn’t come out quite right.
- Balzaq – I think this is a town in Europe, isn’t it?
- OpraWindFury – No one dare match the fury of Opra and her Wind Fury.
- Disembowel – I try to stay away from any sort of bowel, even if it disses me.
- KnobGoblin – Like a door knob? Really, is that what you’re going to go with?
- ChiliConCarne – The last thing my toilet and you will see before you’re both destroyed.
- KarenYesKaren – We all know Karen. You feel special, but to be super special, you’ll have to beat the Super Karen in an all-out battle.
- BadChicken – This isn’t bad in the sense that you may get salmonella, but bad in the sense of ninja star-throwing chicken.
- MyMaceUrFace – Aren’t you clever? You put two and two together and came up with just the best gamertag I’ve ever read. Kudos!
- BloodSail – It’s dark and foreboding. I kinda think something bad will happen, but I’m not quite sure what.
This is the true OG list. These names will satisfy the fans and make you stand out as a true gamer.
- JarjarBlinkz – We have to have the token Star Wars gamertag to satisfy the fans. Can we move on now?
- BattleBeater – When I battle, I win. It’s in my name, so it must be true, right?
- TurtleJuice – See meme above for an example of what you will be facing when we do battle.
- TongueBerry – This isn’t very scary; it’s just the color my tongue turns when I eat berries or a purple popsicle.
- Boomkin – Boom goes the dynamite. Akin to the boom or boomin’ the kin.
- OwlPacino – Say hello to my little furry friend.
- KungFuBarbie – Barbies have become badass and can definitely kick your butt now.
- PainSlayer – Does this mean you take away the pain? Because if you slay pain, I could use some of that.
- TartyToes – Oh, you little tartytoes. Always sneaking around all sneaky-like. Then bam, toes. It’s what’s for dinner.
- DirtyDenise – Substitute Denise for your least favorite aunt’s name.
Cool Xbox Gamertags
Xbox gamers can choose their own gamertags, but finding a unique one that’s not already taken can be a challenge. Fear not, for we have compiled a list of cool Xbox gamertag ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
- FartGoblin – This is the scariest thing I’ve read all day. Can you imagine a goblin farting and surviving to tell about it?
- StormCowz – I think this is the Chic Fil A cow nickname. He’s stormin’ you with cookies and cream milkshakes, chicken sandwiches, and waffle fries. But DEFINITELY NOT on Sundays. That’s his rest day.
- TyraSpanks – Don’t mind if I do. If I find Tyra Spanks, I’m game.
- LeggoMyAggro – So creative we wanted to give you the creativity award for super creative new ideas. ???
- PartyGhoul – This may not be someone you fear, but it’s definitely someone you want to hang out with more.
- HulkRoguen – Bad at acting, great at life. Reminds me of you in your school play.
- SnackySnacks – You know you want the saltiest of snacks. And if you don’t, you’ll get it anyway.
- Orkward – I don’t mean to be orkward, but do you want to be orkfriends?
- Hadouken – Yes, we love Street Fighter! Should we jump off this game and play Street Fighter instead? Yes, I thought so.
- BigAxeDwarf – I like big axe, and I cannot lie. No other dwarf can deny.
Fortnite players are a special breed, and they deserve gamertags that reflect their unique style. Here are some names specifically for Fortnite gamers that will make you stand out in the battle royale.
- DamnKids – I know, right? Damn kids.
- DontFeedMe – If you do, I turn from being a hangry killing machine to a sleepy snuggly puppy.
- Microphobia – Death by a thousand very small and insignificant cuts.
- InternetTheExplorer – I’ve explored the internets and found many great things. Namely, this, this, and this.
- Lucîfîa – All who enter, beware! I am the king of death, master of pain, curator of your worst nightmare.
- DrFeelGood – Well, isn’t this a breath of fresh air after Lucîfîa up there got us really down.
- MyExGirlfriend – Oh no, down goes the morale again. This list is an up-and-down rollercoaster of emotion.
- SharksCare – They do really care. Have you ever gotten a hug from a shark and not thought to yourself, “That shark really cared?”
- ImmaCutchu – Not if you can’t catch me. So see me run like Kipchoge.
- BearForceOne – I think we’ve taken on too much weight to safely fly. We’re going to have to cut weight, and that’s not going to be pleasant.
For those who spend most of their gaming time on PS4, here are some gamertag ideas specifically for the PlayStation world. Embrace your love for PS4 and choose a gamertag that stands out from the crowd.
- HolyCowly – Oh wow, this is my most super exclamation of excitement I’ve ever said.
- ParisHealtin – What exactly is Paris Hilton up to these days? “Does a quick Google search.” Oh yeah, the same.
- Eviscerated – I feel like a good alternative to this could be Elviscerated. I kinda like that better.
- BlackOrcDown – Dramatic, emotional, and courageous. That’s what comes to mind for this honorable Orc.
- ChuckNorcis – How many fathers have named their son Chuck in honor of Chuck Norris? I want to know that stat.
- Orcahontas – Sweet and spicy, all mixed into one. But my guess is Orcahontas isn’t quite as attractive as Pocahontas.
- ClawAndOrder – If you don’t follow my command, I will demand order with my claw, my claw of justice.
- DrubbeArymore – Sounds British, a dash of Harry Potter, and a smidge of late-night drinking. If that’s your scene, go for it.
- WorgenFreeman – How dare you mock Morgan like that? He owns a tremendous bee farm, the best you’ve ever seen!
- WhyNotCats – That’s a great question. Why not cats? Let THAT sink in, you heartless bastard.
Clever & Unique Gamertags
If you want to stand out from the crowd with your gamertag, look no further. Here are some suggestions that have a great mix of uniqueness and creativity that you won’t find anywhere else.
- FlungPuPanda – Every guy loves a gif with flinging poo. The idea of a poo-flinging panda is just too good to ever be real. The universe would explode if that were true.
- MageYaLook – Well, you read this, so it worked. Now give me your Rolex because I’m aesthetic.
- Hasselhoof – Baywatch meets gaming. Oh, the analogies that expound, yet maybe they’re best left unsaid.
- PunchyPunch – All my enemies get the punchy punch. That’s what I bring to the table.
- Moofasa – Why, Moofasa, WHY! This is why I have scars from my childhood.
- MyNameDoesntFi – This really only works if you get to the limit of the allowable username characters.
- JethroTroll – This is what Jethro wanted: an army of trolls listening to his heady music.
- SaltyPretzil – It’ll be a salty surprise, this salty pretzel of mine. It’ll come for you when you least expect it.
- Dilfdo – I think this was a Lord Of The Rings character, but he was killed early on because an angry mob of women ravaged him.
- BowJob – This is useful if you fit into one of three categories. 1) You make bows for a living. 2) You shoot bows for a living. 3) You’re able to extrapolate and add in the imaginary “L”.
Coming up with your own gamertag isn’t always easy. It can be challenging to find something that isn’t already taken. But fear not, we’re here to help with some valuable tips and tricks to create a gamertag that is truly unique and represents you as a gamer.
Here are some of our favorite tips:
You be you: First and foremost, think of something that represents you as a person. What makes you special and unique? Use that to your advantage. For example, you could combine two things that are unique to you and create a name. Love Hawaii and pizza? Perfect!
Choose an emotion: As you can tell from the list above, we have different themes of gamertags depending on the emotional reaction you want from other players. Do you want them to laugh, be impressed, fear you, etc.? This is a key point in coming up with a name.
Dig deeper: Your first few ideas may not be the best. Don’t be discouraged. Try to come up with at least 20 names off the top of your head. You’ll notice that once you get to #20, your ideas will have developed more than during the first few.
Play word games: Take an ordinary word, person, or saying and tweak it to be a bit different. This not only increases the chances of finding an available gamertag but also shows a bit about you as a person.
Get help: Don’t hesitate to ask for help. Sometimes, a fresh perspective can make all the difference. Share your struggle with a friend or family member, and they may come up with something you never would have thought of.
That wraps up the coolest gamertag guide you’ll find online. We hope you found inspiration and ideas to create the perfect gamertag for yourself. Let us know in the feedback below how we did and what gamertag you ended up with. We’re curious to hear! Don’t forget to check out Capturing Fantasy for more gaming content and inspiration.