Are you a Call of Duty: Modern Warfare or Warzone player experiencing difficulties with the voice chat feature? If so, you’re not alone! Many players on PC, Xbox, and PlayStation consoles have encountered issues with voice chat regardless of the headset they use. But fear not! We have some troubleshooting tips that might just help you resolve this problem.
Investigating the Problem
Before we delve into the fixes, let’s explore some potential culprits that could be causing the voice chat issue on your system. By understanding the root cause, you’ll be better equipped to tackle the problem head-on.
Fix 1: Set Mic Recording Threshold to Minimum
One common situation where voice chat problems arise is when the “Open Mic Recording Threshold” is set to a high level. If this is the case, you can easily fix it by lowering the threshold in the Voice Chat audio settings to the minimum level.
For PC users, it’s essential to ensure that the push-to-talk setting is turned on and that you’re familiar with the button to activate your microphone. If you’re still encountering issues, follow these steps:
- Launch COD: Warzone or COD: Modern Warfare.
- Go to the Options Menu within the game.
- Select “Audio” from the menu.
- Enable voice chat.
- Lower the Open Mic Recording Threshold to a suitable level. Setting it too high may result in other players being unable to hear you.
- Save the changes and start a game to see if the voice chat is now working properly.
Fix 2: Enable Crossplay Chat (Xbox One Only)
If you’re playing on an Xbox One and experiencing voice chat issues, make sure your privacy settings allow cross-play VOIP. This step is crucial for communicating with players on different platforms. Follow these instructions to set up crossplay chat for your headset:
- Set up your headset according to the instructions provided in the Quick Start or User Guide.
- Use the Xbox button on your controller to bring up the context menu and select “Settings” from the gear symbol representing the System.
- Under “Account,” select “Account Privacy and Online Safety.”
- Access the “Xbox Live Privacy” menu.
- Choose the “Custom” preset from the list of privacy options.
- Under “Communication & Multiplayer,” select “View Details and Customize” to access the Account Communication & multiplayer pane.
- Set “You Can Communicate Outside of Xbox Live” to “Everybody” and save your changes.
- Restart your console, launch Call of Duty once again, and check if the issue is resolved.
If the problem persists, continue to the next potential fix.
Fix 3: Set Mic and Headphones as Default Communication Devices (PC Only)
In some cases, voice chat issues occur when your microphone and/or default playback device are not set as the default communication devices while playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare or Warzone. Here’s how you can resolve this problem on your PC:
- Press the Windows key + R to bring up the Run dialog box. Type “mmsys.cpl” and click Enter to access the Sound settings in the Control Panel.
- In the Sound menu, select the Playback tab at the top. Right-click on the playback device where you’re experiencing issues and choose “Set as default device.”
- Right-click the same playback device again and select “Set as default communication device.”
- Repeat the above steps for the microphone by accessing the Playback tab and selecting the default communication device.
- Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved after the restart.
If the issue persists, move on to the next method.
Fix 4: Edit adv_options.ini File
If your game installation contains inconsistent data within the adv_options.ini files, you may encounter voice chat issues. To resolve this, you need to edit the adv_options.ini file and remove any incompatible game files. Follow these steps:
- Open File Explorer and navigate to the game installation folder.
- Open the players folder and delete all files except for the adv_options.ini file.
- Right-click on the adv_options.ini file and choose “Open With > Notepad.”
- In the Notepad window, change “[configcloudstorageenabled = 1]” to “0” and save the modifications.
- Start the game, configure your settings, then close the game.
- Restart the game and check if the issue persists.
If the problem persists, move on to the next method.
Fix 5: Uninstall Realtek MSI Driver
If you’re using the Realtek MSI driver, it may be causing audio problems in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone. To resolve this, delete the specific Realtek MSI driver and allow your PC to use the generic driver. Follow these steps:
- Press the Windows key + R to bring up the Run dialog box. Type “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter to launch Device Manager.
- Grant admin access if prompted by the User Account Control.
- Expand the drop-down selection for Game controllers, sound controllers, and video controllers.
- Right-click on your audio driver and select “Uninstall device.”
- Restart your computer, and Windows will automatically install a generic replacement driver.
By following these troubleshooting methods, you should be able to resolve the voice chat issues in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone. Happy gaming!
To learn more about capturing fantasy in your gaming experiences, visit Capturing Fantasy.