Following the recent Xbox Games Showcase and Starfield Direct doubleheader event, members of the Xbox Board of Directors had a few words at the What’s Next For Gaming panel discussion. The conference delves into topics related to Xbox plans now and in the future, with the participation of phil spencer – CEO of Xbox, sara link – Xbox Creator Experience Manager, matte booty – Director of Xbox Game Studios and Todd Howard – Director and Executive Producer of Bethesda Game Studios.
From sharing a series of titles at Showcase, to discussing Xbox business strategy topics like Game Pass, new ambitions in quarterly releases of first-party games, as well as Xbox’s vision in developing the gaming industry. Highlights of the discussion session included:
1. Users can play anywhere
- Last quarter, PC Game Pass players increased 46% year-over-year
- xbox has expands PC Game Pass card to 46 other markets, bringing the total to 86, so game developers can reach millions of gamers in other countries
- Xbox also announced that Game Pass members will soon be able to stream PC games selection from a game library via NVIDIA’s GeForce NOW service. This will allow users to play Game Pass PC games through any of the low-spec devices that GeForce NOW streams to, such as PCs, Macs, Chromebooks, mobile devices, TVs, and more than that. This feature will be rolled out in the coming months.
2. Xbox is committed to bringing an impressive series of games
- 5 years ago, the team at Xbox Game Studios and Bethesda released 10 games with more than 10 million playersfrom new IP products like sea of Thieves and Groundedto franchise titles such as minecraft legends and elder scrolls online.
- Xbox has already passed the 500 million mark poison user better in first-party games. More generally, Xbox 1P games have over 150 million monthly active users.
- Xbox featured a number of exciting games at this year’s show, including Starfield, Forza Motorsport and Declaredwith the ambition of being able to launch at least 4 game titles first party every year. For a closer look at all the great games coming to Xbox, you can check them out here.
- Game Pass service grows continuously, total subscriber revenue reached nearly $1 billion last quarter
- Standalone ID@Xbox Program, Now Paid 4 billion dollars ladies 000 game creators in more than 100 countries.
- there is more than 000 game titles in development for Xbox, more than at any time in Xbox history for a third-party game.
3. The console remains the core value of Xbox’s business
- Xbox has just launched the new Xbox Series S controller in Carbon Black with 1TB capacity, a product that more meets the needs of the gaming community in terms of capacity and storage. Before it hits stores in September, you can learn more about Xbox’s new “creation” at This.
- More than half of gamers who bought a Series S controller last year had never been exposed to the Xbox ecosystem.
For information on the future of Xbox, the development of the gaming industry, and the titles being covered around the world, visit the Wire Post blog.